any couples choose to incorporate a first dance into their wedding programme.
Those first few steps together mark the beginning of a lifelong dance of love and happiness as a couple.
It also signals the beginning of the wedding festivities, with the wedding party and other guests then able to take the floor to celebrate your union.
That first dance can be a nerve-wracking prospect, especially if you’re self-conscious about your technique.
But don’t worry, I have trained in and taught dance for many years. I am available to teach you your first dance to the music of your choice so that you feel confident and comfortable with a routine that suits you both.
We can choreograph a dance – as simple or as complex as you choose – to the music that you want.
And with plenty of practice and encouragement, you’ll find those nerves will simply melt away!
Tips for learning the first dance.
- Don’t wait until the last minute – start about four to six months out to allow more time to practice.
- Be patient when learning. Make it a fun date night.
- Wear shoes to your lessons that are similar to the ones you’ll be wearing on your wedding day. And don’t forget to practice in them.
- If you have never danced before or you have never danced with each other before don’t expect to be able to dance together straightaway and don’t worry if you don’t. That is what practice is for.
- Most of all enjoy the experience.
To book a dance consultation, please contact me on the details provided – I look forward to hearing from you!